Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring Fashion Show

Every spring there is a fashion show at school. It is restricted to juniors and seniors in the apparel design program. I signed up to do it last year as a junior, but then dropped out as trying to create an entire apparel line while adjusting to life as a mom was just too overwhelming and taking care of my newborn and keeping my grades up in my actual classes were way higher on my list of priorities. Well this year I've decided that its my senior year and I'm going out with a bang. I have 2 collections that will be in the show. The first is a Jackie O. inspired line of dresses, coincidentally this collection will also be entered into an ITAA competition for a graduate grant (wish me luck!) My second line is well, I don't even know what to call it...how about Stephanie is insane for agreeing to add a second line just weeks before garments are due...we had this assignment in advanced apparel where we were assigned a beetle and had to research it and then use that for our inspiration. Well my outfit turned out totally rad and I really wanted to use it (don't worry it doesn't look like a beetle!) I too my inspiration from the colors of the beetle (red, black, and lime green) the fact that it has stripes, and its warm weather climate to crate some yoga waisted black leggings with carefully place applied red stripes with lime topstitching, a red sweetheart neck halter, again with the lime stitching, and a black and red color block tee with more applied stripes. Pictures to come when everything is actually sewn and finished and pretty, right now its crunch time, trying to get everything sewn and perfect by May 3rd when garments are due....It's going to be a long week with a lot of late nights sewing....

No comments:

Post a Comment