Thursday, July 28, 2011

Clearly I'm the biggest Jerk in the Whole World

Seriously, that is how I felt today. Carson and I were in the kitchen making guacamole earlier, I was already a bit annoyed because I can't find one of the pieces of my chopper thing, which I did not realize when I bought all the stuff for guacamole, so I was having to mince the garlic, shallots, and jalapeno by hand (lame!) which is so not my thing, I'm a super lazy cook.

Earlier this week I hurt my back pretty severely; like I actually went to the doctor for it because I seriously could not move, that is saying a lot because I really hate going to the doctor and try to avoid it at pretty much all costs. So today was literally the first day that I was able to stand for more than about 3 minutes without literally crying in pain. I know, I know, you're wondering where the heck I'm going with all of this and what my back injury has to do with guacamole or me being a jerk...I promise I'm getting there. So, along with the back hurting I'm sure you can imagine that if I bend wrong, it doesn't feel so hot.

So we're (ok, mostly just me) making guacamole and Carson is mostly just playing in the kitchen with me, which is really what I was going for anyway since I had to chop everything up by hand and I didn't want to slice his fingers off...seriously, me+huge chef knife? accident waiting to happen. Although I do have to go ahead and tip my hat to myself because I totally minced the crap outta that stuff (thank you food network for teaching me how to properly use a chef knife)

Ok, so Carson is playing and being his normal two year self and we were packing earlier (we're moving in like a week and a half...holy crap that's soon, I should get off the computer and pack) and I had some d-rings...ya know those d-shaped things for making adjustable straps on things...if you sew you probably know what I'm talking about. Anyway, he wanted to play with the d-rings and I was like sure kid, go for it, I don't even remember why I bought them in the first place....

So he's playing with them and being and just doing what 2 year olds do I guess and he decides that it would be a good idea to slide them up the back of my leg from Achilles tendon up the back of my calf...well I'm really ticklish (can you see where this is going) So I squirm because I'm fridiculously ticklish and it hurt my back SO badly that I almost collapsed...no seriously, my back is *that* injured. So I say "Carson, please don't do that, it really hurts mommy"

Back to chopping.

He does it again...:"Carson, mommy asked you not to do that, please do not do it again or I will take the d-rings away"

"No mommy! Don't take them!"

More chopping.

And he does it again and it HURT! So in my pain and annoyance and serious freaking pain and omg I just realized I missed my last dose of muscle relaxer and ibuprofen that I was due for an hour ago and I am SO paying for it...

And I LOST it.

And I YELLED at him that "If you do that to mommy ever again you are going STRAIGHT to bed right this second. You need to listen to mommy!!!!!!"

And because I'm a huge ass-hat, I went right back to chopping...

I turn around like a minute later when I'm cooled off and he is laying face down on the kitchen floor.

"Buddy, what's wrong?"

"I just sad" *sniffle*

"I'm sorry baby"

Silence.

"Do you want to go read a story and cuddle together?"

pout*nod*pout

"Ok bud, pick out a book"...and to my husband I say "I'm really hot, will you turn the a/c on?"

"Mommy's just hot and Carson's just sad"

"Why are you sad baby?"

"Mommy just yelled at Carson"

I am the biggest ass ever.

Don't get me wrong, the kid was not listening and its not like I don't think he should be disciplined, but I should have calmly taken away the freaking d-ring like I said I would, not hard-core yelled at him. I seriously hurt his feelings. Bright side? He was over it 2 stories later and told me he wasn't sad anymore.

"I just happy now mom"

But I still feel like the worst mom ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment