Monday, July 25, 2011

He's "Healthy"

Yesterday I went to the doctor (I hurt my back, its a really lame story...) and of course I had Sawyer with me because the kids eats boobies and only boobies. I'll go ahead and interject in here that I really hope I can get the kid to take a bottle of pumped breastmilk soon because I would really love to go out on a date with my husband for our fifth anniversary which is rapidly approaching...anyway...So the we're talking about what the doctor was going to prescribe me and how I'm nursing and he said he wanted to make sure that whatever he gave me was ok because he didn't want to mess with my kid's only food source. then apparently he caught himself assuming that Sawyer was only on the boob juice and asked how old he was and if he was exclusively breastfeeding. I said he's 3 months and yes, won't even take a bottle of pumped milk (the kid just doesn't get that that should come out of anywhere else I guess) He told me that Sawyer looked really healthy.

I get that to a lot of people that's probably not like a huge deal...but it made me so incredibly happy. Here's why...Carson was diagnosed as Failure To Thrive (FTT) as an infant. I had a low milk supply and had to supplement with formula. From the tome Carson was 4 months old until he was 11 months old he gained about 2 lbs total. He fell from about the 60th%ile for weight all the way to not even on the chart. I fought for every single ounce that baby gained. Today I came across his 6 month stats. At 6 months old he was 14 lbs 13.5 oz and 27" Sawyer is only 3 months old right now, he is approximately 16 lbs and 27" He's never had a single drop of anything but breastmilk. So when I hear that he's healthy, I practically want to cry with joy. I did that! My body did that...ya know, what it was made to do but somehow couldn't quite do last time? It seriously just makes me so happy...I just wanted to share :)

for comparison...this is Sawyer today at 3 months old
Photobucket

And here is Carson at EIGHT months old and approximately 15-ish lbs and 28 or 29 inches...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment