Monday, July 25, 2011

Love This Kid's Imagination!

We've had some trouble lately getting Carson to help clean up (read: OMG someone take this kid and return him when he's a well behaved 4 year old; 2 scares me, 3 scares me even more!) This kid has the craziest imagination ever. I mean, it is probably just his age, but I'm seriously in awe of some of he things he comes up with. The problem? A lot of times the things he comes up with are excuses. And a lot of the time I have to stifle laughter while telling him he really needs to pick up whatever it is he needs to pick up because his excuse? Well, its something along the lines of "I can't do that right now mom, first I have to pet a dinosaur" No, really. That is what I'm up against.

Today? We used that imagination to help clean up!

Carson pulled all of the clean (not yet put away) clothes out of the laundry basket...I tried not to pull all my hair out...

It went a little something like this:

Me: Carson, please pick up all the laundry and put it back in the basket.
Carson: No I just need to walk through this forest first
Me: *puzzled expression* Uhm, Ok, but I need you to pick up the mess you made please
Carson: Mommy that's just step 3, first I need to do step 1
Me: What's step 1?
Carson: Step one is just walk through this forest
Me: Ok, walk through the forest, then pick up the clothes.
Carson: Noooooooooooooooooo! Clothes is jut step threeeeeeee moooooooooommmmmmmm! I have to do step 2 first!!! *whine* *whine*
Me: *trying not to claw my ears off* whiningandmommydon'tmix. Ok Carson, what's step 2?
Carson: I don't know.
Me: *lightbulbs going off* Ok Carson, walk through the forest.
Carson: I did do that. What's step 2?
Me: uhm...Step 2 is jump up and down.
Carson: OK!!! *jumps up and down*
Me: Ok, do step 3 now, pick up the laundry!
Carson: Ok! *picks up laundry

Mom win!

Carson: 41859023571050
Mom: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment