Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm pretty sure packing with two small children is one of those things they'd make you do in Hell

No, seriously.

We are moving on Tuesday. That seems so incredibly soon...probably because it is. And trying to get everything packed and organized and gone through (and trying to get rid of stuff because omg how the crap do we possibly have SO much stuff!?!) is like trying to 'suck a donkey through a straw' as it were. Seriously, I think that every time one child falls asleep, or is full, or is willing to play by himself, the other child is wide awake, starving or just has to be withing two inches of me 'helping' by not helping. I honestly think that there are some boxes I've packed 3 or 4 times because they get unpacked while I'm trying to pack them. Really, I think this is something they could use a torture technique. 'here, pack up an entire two bedroom apartment, decide what to keep, what to donate, what to craigslist, and get it all pack and put into boxes with a toddler and an infant' I'm pretty sure its a good way to make a person go crazy.

And every time you think you are getting closer to being done, you realize just how much you have left to do. And you want to pack this or that, then you realize that you can't pack *all* the pots and pans, because then what are you going to cook with for the next 2 days?

Ahhhhhh!!! Seriously, packing to move with 2 small kids is pure torture.

And the worst part? We don't have our new place lined up yet, so we are temporarily crashing with my parents, which means we get to move...then turn around and move a couple weeks later when we have a new place....awesome, huh?

I need to be rich so I can just hire movers.

No comments:

Post a Comment